Friday, May 29, 2015

Coming soon: What tools to take?

Have you ever wondered what kind of tools you should pack into your tool bag when getting ready to set off to your overlanding trip. As you know I am still blogging dispite being home in Switzerland and there is a series on this blog called THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY, the GBUs of the blue truck. I am telling you what of my construction has worked well, what didn't and what I wouldn't do the same way next time. 


And soon I will tell you about what tools I took along, most of it I did not use, being and engineer by trade I would still not leave with less... 


At the beginning I have used a hard back toolbox, which eventually I have replaced by a soft bag. Not as practical to be organized but much more efficient when it comes to space management. 

And than, have you ever wondered what the blue truck looks like now? Here are some pictures out of my workshop. 


All the furniture and installations are removed for detailed cleaning.


Looks kind of spacey in here. 


Plumbing of the water system and heat exchanger is still in excellent conditions. I have used stainless steel plumbing for fresh water and aluminum tubes for the engine radiator water going to the heat exchanger which was installed at the left hand side. The picture is facing fwd through the rear doors.


My living room furniture.


If you would like to know more about the construction of the blue truck and how it all came about please visit my gallery HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment